[Seaside] Add a seaside interface to an existing program

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:32:22 CEST 2005

On 5/4/05, Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at laposte.net> wrote:

> I have a class A and a class B which each instance contains 5 class A
> instances. B is a group of 5 As.
>
> B sould be graphicly represented by 5 As side by side.
>
> How and where can I code the function which display B in seaside ?
>
> My problem is I can't write a WA-A class which would represent a A
> seaside interface. Because then, I shoult not be able to use the B class
> : I should write a class WA-B which contain some WA-A and then I
> disconnect the B class.

Hi Damien,

I'm not sure I'm entirely following you, but: normally you would have
a WA-B class that would display a single B, by iterating over that B's
instances of A and displaying a WA-A for each of them.  One pattern I
often use for this is to have a lazily initialized dictionary in the
WA-B instance that maps A instances to corresponding WA-A instances.

HTH,
Avi