[Seaside] Re: VW, Seaside, CGIs and Apache

Guenther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sun May 8 14:42:52 CEST 2005

Avi,

I want to write a WebApp for a friend of mine which is to be hosted on web space he rented from an ISP.

My first idea was to write it in

1. PHP in which I'm very experienced in,
2. or in Smalltalk, VW, Seaside because I know of 1) that PHP, well, sucks!

It is to be hosted in a typical LAMP environment, (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl or PHP) but you can also host your own CGIs there too.

I already got positive response from the VW mailing list, that this can basicaly be done.

Günther

P.S. Congratulations to Seaside, it's realy great!