[Seaside] Something seaside developers need to be aware of

Benjamin Pollack benjamin.pollack at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:13:05 CEST 2005

I strongly agree with Joe Gregorio that this is a bug with web
developers and not GWA [1]. HTTP GET should be idempotent.
Unfortunately, buttons are ugly and there's no easy way I know of to
make links that generate POST requests. There are two "easy"
solutions: add an anchorButtonWithAction: method that uses JavaScript
to make text look like a link but generate a POST request (this is
what Gmail does, incidentally) or patch Seaside to block GWA by
default. The first option is annoying, slightly klugy, and also the
most "correct" solution, in my opinion, but the second might be a
quick hack to solve the problem until we get a better solution.

--Benjamin

[1] http://bitworking.org/news/I_m_sorry__I_can_t_kiss_it_and_make_it_better_