[Seaside] Filepath from fileUploadWithCallback

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:46:44 CEST 2005

On 5/9/05, Mart-Mari Breedt <breedt_m at aircom.co.za> wrote:

> Is there a way that I can use  fileUploadWithCallback to get the whole
> filepath?
>
> I can see the whole file path in the edit box after browsing:

Most web browsers only send the file's name, not the whole path.  IE
on Windows does send the whole path, and you can get that by accessing
the fileName instance variable on WAFile directly, perhaps by adding a
method such as this:

WAFile>>basicFileName
  ^ fileName

You'll note that the normal #fileName accessor strips off the path if
it finds it, for consistency.

Avi