[Seaside] Re: VW, Seaside, CGIs and Apache

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 9 23:19:03 CEST 2005

Guenther Schmidt a écrit :

> Dear Michel,
>
> I've been eating my way through VWs documentation (Web Server
> Configuration Guide) and the confusion is greater than ever.
>
> I am right now in the state where I want to test deployment, with just
> the example Seaside Apps that are already there (Store , Counter and
> Multicounter).
>
> Installing Seaside and getting the examples running was no problem,
> but when it comes to chapters 1 - 4 in the Web Server Configuration
> Guide I can't even tell what applies with Seaside and what doesn't.
>
> Help, please

I am no Apache expert, but  will try to explain.
HTTP Web Server.
First thing to do it to get rid of it. Click the "Globe" icon in the
Launcher, select the 8008 entry,
shut it down and delete the server.
2) Create a new server and select type=IPWebListener on port 2223, then
start it.
3) Copy the CGI perl script from
$(VISUALWORKS)/waveserver/Waverelay/perl/visualworks.pl
into $(APACHE2)/cgi-bin
4) Read $(VISUALWORKS)/waveserver/Waverelay/perl/readme/txt and tweak
the Apache
configuration files, this was the tough part for me. You may have to
install Perl if you do not
have it yet.
5) Then from your browser :
http://localhost/cgi-bin/visualworks.pl/seaside/go/counter