[Seaside] [Fwd: Re: Seaside tutorial typos]

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sun May 15 21:54:24 CEST 2005

On 5/15/05, David Shaffer <cdshaffer at acm.org> wrote:
> Avi which should I (we) use?

I'd say let's standardize on ...:text: for anchors, since that's what
people are probably most used to from the anchorWithAction:text: form.

This is the kind of thing that the newer Canvas  implementation (which
is pretty reasonably fleshed out in the 2.6a branch, to the point that
people could certainly be using it) handles better.  The WAAnchorTag
class would have separate #url:, #popupWithExtent:, #text: and #do:
(or actually, the convention being used is #with:) methods that could
be combined at will, ie,

html anchor
           url: 'http://www.beta4.com';
           popupWithExtent: (300 at 500);
           with: [html image url: 'http://beta4.com/logo.gif']

Note that the above code probably won't work yet, but that's the
intended style of use.

Avi

---