[Seaside] Omnibase UNIX availability

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue May 17 01:48:02 CEST 2005

On 5/16/05, Dmitry Dorofeev <dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It was discussed here some time ago that new Omnibase version with
> relevant fixes for UNIX will be available. I keep waiting with all
> patience i have. And i can not wait any more :-) Please please please
> tell me any news about it. I really love to start coding for Omnibase/Squeak/Seaside.
> And if it works even pay some money for a license or donation.

Ok, ok... ;)

http://squeaksource.com/OmniBase/ has a .mcz of the latest trial
version of OmniBase for Squeak.  It also includes the version of
OSProcess that we use to provide file locking - I believe the version
on SM doesn't provide the right support yet, though I think David is
very close to releasing one that will.

Note however that as I mentioned on squeak-dev recently, the stock
unix VMs I've tested on OS X seem to have a broken #truncate:
primitive, which makes OmniBase pretty much unusable.  This may not be
an issue on other unix platforms, though.

Avi