[Seaside] Re: Performance

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Thu May 19 22:28:31 CEST 2005

On 5/19/05, Guenther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de> wrote:
> Avi,
>
> would you say that Seaside Apps can compete in performance with similar J2EE Apps?

J2EE covers a pretty wide range of options, all of which will have
different performance characteristics.  To match up similar
architectures: running Seaside on VisualWorks and using GLORP for data
access is probably comparable, for example, to running Tapestry on the
Sun JVM and using Hibernate.  And if benchmarking demonstrates that
that's not true, we should be able to fix things so that it is.

On the other hand, writing raw servlets with hand-tuned custom SQL
will presumably outperform both (and take 20x as long).

Avi