[Seaside] Performance

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue May 24 12:08:32 CEST 2005

Hi!

kustos at gmx.net wrote:
> Hi
>
> > You can use FastSocketStream today, just change the single reference to
> > SocketStream. It does improve file uploads tremendously
>
> Indeed it does. Uploading a 1.8 MB TIFF file went just went down from 45
> seconds to 7 to 9 seconds. And that was with a SocketStream with a buffer
> size of 1 MB.
>
> This is great stuff.

Thanks! And nice to hear your numbers! Also - I think the difference is
even larger given larger files.

I did put some time into that code - and in fact, it could be even
faster if we added or modified one of the String primitives. I intend to
talk to the VM guys about that eventually.

> Cheers
> Philippe

regards, Göran