[Seaside] Problem showing a JPEG to the world

seaside at fbeausoleil.ftml.net seaside at fbeausoleil.ftml.net
Thu May 26 19:41:36 CEST 2005

Hello, Tony,

Thanks for the response.

Tony Garnock-Jones said the following on 2005-05-26 11:29:
> Look at Form>>asMIMEDocument, which reads as follows in Seaside 2.5b3:
>
> asMIMEDocument
>     | aStream |
>     aStream := (RWBinaryOrTextStream on: '').
>     GIFReadWriter putForm: (self asFormOfDepth: 8)
>         onStream: aStream.
>     ^MIMEDocument contentType: 'image/gif' content: aStream contents

I found that method.  Am I supposed to just change it ?  I'm coming from
the Java world, and am uncomfortable doing just that.

On the other hand, if you suggest I should copy the implementation to do
what I want, into my own component, I thought Smalltalk was the test-bed
of code reuse ?

Sorry for not understanding as quickly as you might think I should have.

Bye !
François