[Seaside] Squeak hangs

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat May 28 13:44:08 CEST 2005

On 5/27/05, radoslav hodnicak <rh at 4096.sk> wrote:

> It looks like the UI process hijacked the seaside process or something. Is
> this normal? This is squeak3.6 on 3.6.3 VM on linux. I can't figure out
> what is causing this, the image used to run for months without any
> trouble.

It doesn't sound particularly normal to me.  Do you have any clue what
changed before this started to happen?

The only time I've heard of that kind of hanging on production images
before are the issues the netstyle guys had with weak array
finalization, where at a certain point the finalization process
started taking a massive amount of CPU.  But your stack trace doesn't
show any signs of that...

Avi