[Seaside] Re: Request for Merging

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:00:29 CET 2005

> Because the Dolphin version is slightly modified (I comment every
> method I modify), and I reimplement methods to use "the dolphin way"
> (and correct some dialect differences), I don't want to file in
> everything again, because I would lose all my modifications.

You should talk to Michel! I would be interested into the details too,
to eventually port Magritte and SmallWiki 2 later on. I know that he
is using a special package exporter in Squeak and method overrides in
VisualWorks ...

> So my question is... there exist a changelog?,
> One that shows which modifications has been made in each version, in
> order to track it and port them selectively?

Yeah, you can do that with Monticello, but I wouldn't try to do it.
This involves a lot of manual merging in Dolphin.

> That way one could know what is in each version. The ideal scenario
> would be to have no branches, but it's inevitable, considering that
> now exists 2 implementations, and if I can do it, a third one will
> exist (for christmas maybe).

There is just 1 implementation luckily. No need for branching.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli