[Seaside][VW] Version 2.5b8

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 5 19:15:25 CET 2005

Here are some explanations on how 2.5b8 was built.

Usually I select a Seaside version on http://squeaksource.com/Seaside,
I port it to VW, I add some fixes and enhancements, then I publish.

This time I took a different approach. I applied the fixes and the
enhancements
first, then I ported the enhanced version of Seaside to VW. This has some
advantages : (1) squeakers can benefit from the fixes and enhancements and
(2) it makes the port to VW simpler. This has also some drawbacks since
I may
have introduced new bugs with the fixes and enhancements.

Here is a list of the most significant fixes and enhancements I introduced
in 2.5b8 :
- Enhanced liveUpdate so that
    a) multiple portions of the HTML can be live-updated
    b) nested liveUpdate, i.e. a liveUpdate callback can output another
liveUpdate
    c) <script> from live-updates are executed
    d) it has the enhancement from Lukas
- Value for WAResponse content-type is supplied by WASession
- Back port of WAHtmlAttributes from 2.6a2 with support for #at:append:
- Handling of nested <form> tags, by default, nested form: will be
silently discarded.
- Handling of duplicate CSS id=, by default, duplicates are silently allowed

Enjoy,
Michel.