[Seaside][VW] Version 2.5b8
m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 5 19:15:25 CET 2005
Here are some explanations on how 2.5b8 was built.
Usually I select a Seaside version on http://squeaksource.com/Seaside,
I port it to VW, I add some fixes and enhancements, then I publish.
This time I took a different approach. I applied the fixes and the
first, then I ported the enhanced version of Seaside to VW. This has some
advantages : (1) squeakers can benefit from the fixes and enhancements and
(2) it makes the port to VW simpler. This has also some drawbacks since
have introduced new bugs with the fixes and enhancements.
Here is a list of the most significant fixes and enhancements I introduced
in 2.5b8 :
- Enhanced liveUpdate so that
a) multiple portions of the HTML can be live-updated
b) nested liveUpdate, i.e. a liveUpdate callback can output another
c) <script> from live-updates are executed
d) it has the enhancement from Lukas
- Value for WAResponse content-type is supplied by WASession
- Back port of WAHtmlAttributes from 2.6a2 with support for #at:append:
- Handling of nested <form> tags, by default, nested form: will be
- Handling of duplicate CSS id=, by default, duplicates are silently allowed
More information about the Seaside