[Seaside] (javascript) component needed for pop-up menus

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 18:55:29 CET 2005

Hi,

As  you may or may not know/care/be interested in, I'm, err, dabbling
a bit with the Seaside/Mewa/Magma combo and an eat-your-own-dogfood
project called 'Nags' (http://de-1.tric.nl/seaside/sqp/nags).

To show off, I want to spice up the central bugs table a bit by
including a drop-down-indicator arrow icon (like on the RHS of your
average combo box) on top of every column, which, when clicked, shows
the set of entries in that column. When you select an entry, the idea
is that a submit happens and the table gets filtered with all the
matching entries for that column. That needs to be indicated somehow
(I'll manage that ;)) and all the other 'filter dropdowns' then are
updated to contain only stuff that appears in the current set of
displayed entries. A longwinded way to say 'Excel drill-down', I think
- at least I recall a demo of Excel doing just that.

It's probably too much to ask for a complete solution (although I
won't refuse it ;-)), but what Javascript pop-up would be good for
this? I'd like the Smalltalk-side to stay clear of Javascript as much
as possible, so I think I'm mostly looking for a good api...

TIA,

Cees