[Seaside] Re: file upload broken in Seaside-2.5

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Tue Nov 8 05:09:36 CET 2005

Philippe Marschall wrote:

> > Any ideas?
>
> html attributeAt: 'enctype' put: 'multipart/form-data'.
> html from: ....

Since I had copied the example upload test, I had the
line that you suggested.

After rebooting my machine, upgrading my VM, trying a
browser from a remote machine, I finally started to
debug it. I thought it was a networking problem, so I
didn't debug it earlier.

I've reported the problem as bug 2161 on Mantis.
The problem is that speed improvement done to
SocketStream>>upToAll: fails because ReadWriteStream
cannot reset it's position to a point before it's
internal buffer. The long multi-part delimiter makes
the problem much more likely to occur than if the
delimiter were short (like a single char say).
A fix is to revert to the 3.6 version of this method.