[Seaside] Thoughts about WikiCalc?

Darius squeakuser at inglang.com
Mon Nov 14 18:58:00 CET 2005

Avi,

Any thoughts about Dan Bricklin's WikiCalc? It seems like an attempt to fulfill
the long tale of simple app. dev. similar to Dabble DB.

WikiCalc's potential failing as currently configured is that it seems to be
document/page based as derived from wikis. It seems to me that it would be a
better solution if it was more cell based, a finer granularity for the user
interface, storage, mashing, publishing, and distribution.

(That level of granularity could more easily be supported with a
Seaside/Squeak/Magma solution in my opinion. But, WikiCalc has the advantage
that it can more easily live and spread in a FTP, Perl, XML server world.
[sigh])

Cheers,
Darius