[Seaside] headless squeak problem

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 04:46:08 CET 2005

On Nov 16, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Dmitry Dorofeev wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I've created a nice image with my Seaside project and RFB.
>
> On remote host after start i see seaside app, but not RFB.
> It does not listen to RFB port at all.
>
> So i added liveWeb and REPLServer, uploaded to remote server and
> managed to
> create gif images of the World with:
>
> GIFReadWriter putForm: Display onFileNamed: 'screenshot.GIF'

Seaside actually has an app that does this as an imagemap that you
can click on, and passes the mouse events through - just add
WAScreenshot from /config.  It makes a great "poor man's VNC".

> And I sow a message, that Squeak can not find sources file named /
> blah/blah/
>
> That is VERY strange, as the SqueakV3.sources sits there under name
> shown
> in the message. With liveWeb i can even see the sources file and
> read it!

Hm... don't suppose it's anything to do with permissions?  I admit it
doesn't seem likely if you can read it some other way from Squeak.
You could also uncheck the preference about warning when there's no
sources file.

Avi