[Seaside] Re: Coloring rows of a batched list accordingly an instvar value II

Christopher Petrilli petrilli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 21:39:57 CET 2005

On 11/22/05, German Arduino <gsa at softhome.net> wrote:
> Cees De Groot wrote:
> > On 11/22/05, German Arduino <gsa at softhome.net> wrote:
> >

> >>2) To some of those colors that works ok, as lightGray by example,
> >>another problem that I've found is that are rendered different by
> >>FireFox (render ok) and Internet Explorer (lightGray is showed as strong
> >>blue).
> >

> > I really don't know - what's in the generated HTML?
> >

> Exactly the html name (as "lightGray").

Only 16 color names are supported by the W3C CSS standard (aqua,
black, blue, fuchsia, gray, green, lime, maroon, navy, olive, purple,
red, silver, teal, white, and yellow).  While some browsers might
implement the rest of the colors, you actually need to use the hex
values for CSS to stick correctly. I believe Firefox has about 50 or
60 it supports, but it's far from the entire suite of X11 color names
that it sounds like you're chosing from.

I came into the conversation late, but I've tripped over this before,
so I hope this helps.

Chris