[Seaside] apache + seaside

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Nov 25 06:56:25 CET 2005

I've been trying to combine seaside and apache2 without much luck.  I
eventually will be doing virtual hosting and ssl, but for now I'm
trying something simpler.

I want clients to ask for http://www.betterworld.us:81/upj and for
this to end up processed by http://localhost:9090/seaside/test.  The
latter works OK when I use it directly.

When I enter the first URL I see my application.  However, when I hit
a button on the form, my browser shows
http://www.betterworld.us:81/seaside/test and I get the error that the
URL is not found.

I've tried various approaches.
<VirtualHost 198.144.201.14:81>
	DocumentRoot /var/www/
	ServerName www.betterworld.us
	ProxyRequests On
	ProxyVia On

	<Proxy *>
	Order deny,allow
	Allow from all
	Allow from 192.168. betterworld.us sfgirlsclub.org 198.144.201.14
	</Proxy>

	ProxyPass /upj http://localhost:9090/seaside/test
	ProxyPassReverse /upj http://localhost:9090/seaside/test
</VirtualHost>

In place of the ProxyPass rules I also tried
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteRule ^/upj/(.*) http://localhost:9090/seaside/test/$1 [L,P]
	RewriteRule ^/ - [L]

I tried this with the default settings and with config on the test
application set for a server of www.betterworld.us with port 81.

This is running on the image downloaded from the Seaside site.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

P.S. The poor combination of ssl and named virtual hosts is one reason
I'm experimenting with non-standard ports.  Yes, I set it to listen on
the ports.