[Seaside] Canvas and Brushes

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:44:15 CET 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 12:40 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> To raise the discussion: In my opinion we should deprecate the use of
> WAHtmlRenderer and instead use WARenderCanvas as the default one in
> WAComponent. Another thing in favor of WARenderCanvas, is that
> Scriptaculous is built on top of it, a very cool way to use AJAX in an
> oo-way ... ;-)

The problem with having WAComponent>>rendererClass return
WARenderCanvas is that it would break nearly all deployed Seaside
code out there... probably the best thing to do for now is to have a
standard subclass (WACanvasComponent or something) that people can
use as the root for new component hierarchies.

Of course, we can toss WAHtmlRenderer out entirely for Seaside
3.0 :)  I don't know too much about what I want from Seaside 3,
except that I plan to start it as an add-on package to Seaside 2 -
reusing the lower layers (like WARequest and WACanvas), but
rethinking Session and Component from scratch.

Avi