[Seaside] how to make bookmarkable urls?

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Fri Nov 25 10:05:15 CET 2005

I'm building a seaside app that has some urls that I want to be
bookmarkable.  I have a couple questions about how to do this right.

1) If I give someone a url with session keys in it, and they use it
quickly, can they steal my session?  How might I prevent this?
2) I can generate urls that make sense to my app in a stateless way
by doing something like:

(html anchor url: (self session application basePath,
myCleverPathAddition)) with: [html text: 'Bookmark me']

but of course, clicking this will create a new session because the
session keys are not in the url.  So how do I add the session key?

3) I'm figuring out how to set up the ui state in initialRequest:
based on the url - so this is good.  But where is the good place to
arrange for bogus session keys to silently produce a new session
rather than warn of an expired one?

thanks for any help.