[Seaside] New errors, old errors in the dolphin's seaside

Esteban A. Maringolo eMaringolo at smalltalking.net
Fri Nov 25 13:47:51 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm getting some errors, which are critical to proper functioning of
seaside.

In the t ransaction test if I click on the inform's, the go back
with the navigator, and click again on the "OK" button, I get a
"components not found while proccessing callbacks" error, instead of
displaying a "This page has expired" error.
This happens in any callback that get executed from an HTML form, it
is, #inform:, the Sushi Store example "Add" and "Done" cart ops, etc.

Another severe problem occurs with the tools, inspectors, and others
component handled by an answer handler.
I.e. I toggle halos on, and then inspect a component, when I close
the inspector I get a:
  "Cannot return a [component class goes here] to expired context or
across Processes". Perhaps I should talk with the people of
Object-Arts about the this.

If any is interested to test it on a Dolphin X6, I have a packaged
version of the Seaside, with many issues not solved yet.

Dolphin X6 has been released last wednesday, but unfortunately the
Community Edition (on which I'm doing the port) and the trial
versions will be available on December (mid to end of month, I
guess). So only people who bought a license (of the PRO edition)
will be able to test it. However, I may ask Andy Bower for a few
betas of the CE edition, just for this purpose.

If anybody is interested to test it, please contact me by my private
email <emaringolo at gmail.com>

Regards,

--
Esteban.