[Seaside] persistence for lazy people

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:14:43 CET 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 12:58 AM, Cees De Groot wrote:

> On 11/28/05, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, I've only ever seen those kinds of lock ups when using
>> OODBs. :p
>>

> Lucky you. The www.tric.nl image locked up once. I only noticed it
> after a while, and I can tell you - it was a mess to find out what the
> latest clean version was.

To continue playing devil's advocate here perhaps longer than I
should: surely the UI of an image locking up shouldn't actually mean
that the data is lost?  I remember a changeset floating around that
let you browse a dead image from another live one; I wonder if it's
possible to, say, find the value of a global  in the dead image and
extract an image segment from it, in the same way? Has anyone ever
experimented with something like that?

Avi