[Seaside] Where to store db connection value?

Chad Nantais chad at clearwaterassociates.ca
Wed Oct 19 16:42:45 UTC 2005

My application is composed of Models and Views (Seaside Components).
The models (rather than the views) need to access the data I have
stored in a dictionary object.  I have multiple data stores
('development' and 'testing').  I have added a session configuration
variable (dataStoreName) in a subclass of WASessionConfiguration that
holds the name of the data store I want to use (eg. 'testing' for unit
tests). However, since the models subclass Object and are not
sublasses of WAComponent, I can't get them to access the value of

How can I give my models access to the value of dataStoreName so they
can access data from the configured dataStore?

Chad Nantais, CISSP

"Let him who would move the world first move himself." --Socrates