[Seaside] Where to store db connection value?

Chad Nantais chad at clearwaterassociates.ca
Wed Oct 19 16:42:45 UTC 2005

My application is composed of Models and Views (Seaside Components).
The models (rather than the views) need to access the data I have
stored in a dictionary object.  I have multiple data stores
('development' and 'testing').  I have added a session configuration
variable (dataStoreName) in a subclass of WASessionConfiguration that
holds the name of the data store I want to use (eg. 'testing' for unit
tests). However, since the models subclass Object and are not
sublasses of WAComponent, I can't get them to access the value of
MYSessionConfiguration>>dataStoreName

How can I give my models access to the value of dataStoreName so they
can access data from the configured dataStore?

Chad

--
Chad Nantais, CISSP

"Let him who would move the world first move himself." --Socrates