[Seaside] VM stability on UNIX

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Mon Oct 24 16:08:43 UTC 2005

Hi Dmitry,

We've had problems initially with Postgres and Sockets on Debian,
though they resulted in different errors. The solution was setting
the -notimer argument for the vm.

Another source of problem was leaving open the Transcript window,
which quite fast ended up locking the image (IIRC), although
Transcript is claimed to be thread-save... Since you run headless,
this should not be a problem, though.

Then, there is the weak WeakArray implementation. Oh, Lukas just
wrote about this... ;-)

To get more information you could maybe hook into the vm with gdb and
get a stack trace?

I would also try running without Squeak's RFB instead to get rid of
one possible source of problems. I guess, that "select: Invalid
argument" could come from there...

Adrian