[Seaside] LiveUpdates and Request for Merging :-)

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 21:52:23 UTC 2005

On Oct 29, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I noticed that I sort of started to fork Seaside, even tough I am
> always trying to merge in the latest changes of all other commits. I
> am forced to fix and enhance a lot of things for Magritte and
> SmallWiki 2 in Seaside, that I cannot just do with method extensions.
> The change that I require above is yet in another package
> (SeasideAsync), and I will have to fork that as well if you don't
> update the official packages. Having an official Seaside and one for
> Magritte/SmallWiki will lead to confusion, as it already did ... :-(

Well, I'm unlikely to release any new versions of SeasideAsync myself
- my focus has moved to the Scriptaculous package.  So I suggest you
just run with it, though it would be good to coordinate with the
others (esp. Michel) that are working in that area.

As for the main package, after our conversation on IM just now, I'm
declaring Seaside2.6a2-lr.44 to be the latest "bleeding edge"
version, ie, it's what I'll continue from when I need to make
changes.  So no worries there either :)

Avi