[Seaside] [ANN] the Bicephale project

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Mon Oct 10 07:55:08 UTC 2005

Michal wrote:

> 	ii. they can #call: traditional dynamic components (WAComponent) and receive an #answer: from them. A static component can for instance include a (stable) link to edit the object currently displayed. That link will trigger a standard seaside login dialogue and based on the answer, it initiates a traditional Seaside editing session.
>

> Michal

Hi,

I just installed Bicephale and playing with it.
Manually registered a Bicephale application and now able to render my pages with 'static' URLs.
That is really cool! But i am trying to call: a normal Seaside component without any luck.

renderContentOn: html
|dt|
dt := self call: [WADateSelector new].
html div: dt.

Displays 'a LOOPStaticPageViewer' becouse dt contains 'self' as result of call.
As I checked the call to WAStaticComponent >> returnResponse: was really made
and i can even see WADateSelector output in the firstPage temp var in the
WAStaticComponent >> call:   but that is never get sent to the browser :-(

Could you please advice how I can call: from WAStaticViewer ?
Also you said that Bicephale app has 2 root components, static and usual seaside one.
What are requirements to usual seaside one and when it get rendered ? what URL ?
(Seems never, so what is the reason to have one?)

Thanks,
Dmitry