[Seaside] Bicephale bug (or feature?) + hint

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Mon Oct 10 14:34:53 UTC 2005

Dmitry Dorofeev wrote:
> Hi all !
>
> just quick note for those who follow Bicephale.
>
> Let's say we have a tree of pages, represented by Objects named Page.
> Viewer for a Page renders a navigation bar, so every page is available
> from every page.
> Root page is available via /seaside/page
> News page via /seaside/page/news
> About page via /seaside/page/about

Also note, that after app registration you must render root page to populate
root dispatchTable with news and about pages. Unless someone request root page (/seaside/page)
all requests to /seaside/page/news will fail. So you may need to populate your dispatchTable in
advance for search engines or bookmarked pages for example.

I use the following as a quick hack:

MyApp register
|path|

app := self registerAs: 'page' for: self rootPage.

path := OrderedCollection with: '' with: ''. "two elements, becouse of 2 elements in /seaside/page"
((app entryPoints at: 'page') rootForUrl: path) dispatchTable registerObject: self newsPage named: 'news'.

Hope that helps

-Dmitry.