[Seaside] Re: Seaside & Ruby Rails Compared

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Sep 7 11:51:17 CEST 2005

Hi!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=FCnther_Schmidt?= <gue.schmidt at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Rodriguez,
>
> I mean that very literally. The *state* of the whole Smalltalk
> application, including the development environment, your application,
> well *ALL* of it, is called the image.
>
> Every Smalltalk has the possibility to save this very state into a file,
> the image file.
>
> So I was suggesting to do exactly this in a regular interval, like every
> 15 minutes.

Or you can use ImageSegments like SqueakMap does. There is a page
somewhere on the Swiki with a howto from me on that. The advantage is of
course that you only save/load the objects you want - and not the whole
image.

Or you can go for a more serious solution and use Magma or another OODB
like Omnibase or GOODS.

regards, Göran