[Seaside] Re: Seaside & Ruby Rails Compared

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Wed Sep 7 15:01:39 CEST 2005

David Shaffer wrote:
> Yes, none of them are ideal.  Nothing to do with Squeak or Smalltalk
> though.  Persistence sucks.  One problem with file-based solutions in
> Squeak, though, is that squeak file I/O is blocking (at least under
> Linux).  That is, the whole VM blocks while file I/O is performed.

Talking about I/O what about that FLOW stuff then from Craig Letta?
Mark Guzdial is certainly praising FLOW, but it seems to me that it
hasn't been picked up by the Squeakers. (Rumor has it that Craig is a
bit of a moody fellow though).

As far as I understand it FLOW would solve a number of problems. It's
sort of a rewrite of streams.

Regards

Günther