[Seaside] Re: Seaside & Ruby Rails Compared

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Sep 7 19:40:57 CEST 2005

Hi!

Dmitry Dorofeev <dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com> wrote:
> goran at krampe.se wrote:
> > What you definitely should use is FastSocketStream (on SqueakMap)
> > instead of standard SocketStream in Squeak. This improves uploading of
> > files by almost a factor 10.
>
> Installed it, but not sure if it works right after installation.
> Seems I need to change something in KomHttpServer code ?

Yeah, find the single reference to SocketStream (don't recall exactly
where right now) and just change it to FastSocketStream instead, that
should be enough.

And yes, the current upload code is silly in that it sucks the whole
thing in before saving - I have meant to rewrite that (reading and
writing to disk piece by piece) but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Download code is not that silly though - ModFile that is.

> Thanks,
> Dmitry.

regards, Göran