[Seaside] Question about configure and setup of Seaside Component/app

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Thu Sep 8 14:37:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am writting a code (with Seaside) to manage multimedia files on HDD.
I.e. to allow user to upload/rename/delete images onto server and for later
use in Seaside application.

I am using WASystemConfiguration to have a root path to the image library on the drive.
But i don't know what is a correct way to setup/create this directory on the disk
as part of the install process of my application or component. I can have some instructions in class
comments, but it would be cool to have a button 'Setup' in the Seaside app config window.
So you go to config, set settings to your local values, press setup and all file structure is created
by my code. I just looking to share this code later and gonna do it as easy to install/use as possible.

I plan to use it with WYSIWYG HTML editor
http://xinha.python-hosting.com/

It has option to use image library implementation done in Python.
So i gonna plug a Seaside version.

Becouse editor itself is a bunch of JavaScript files and images I need some cool
way to install them as well. Probably, i can download them from the Internet and unzip
into specified directory?

Any advice ?

Thanks,
-Dmitry.