[Seaside] live callbacks in same session and general ajax enhancements

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 02:26:52 CEST 2005

On Sep 10, 2005, at 5:14 PM, Ramon Leon wrote:

> Avi, I was wondering what the status was concerning this post
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2005-June/
> 005111.html
>
> I'd really like to see some of the suggested async enhancements get
> included in the main release so that we can make more use of the
> ajax style.

Hi Ramon,

The problem is that there have been several suggested and posted
enhancements, most incompatible.  The reason I split the async stuff
into a separate package for 2.6a2 was so that we could take a more
focused look at integrating and releasing these.  Part of the problem
is that I'm not personally using any of the ajax code in the projects
that I have in production, and so I feel less comfortable making
decisions about it than for the rest of the framework.  I would love
it if someone who was actually in the trenches with this stuff would
at least get the ball rolling on SeasideAsync.  If that doesn't
happen, though, I'll allocate some time before the end of the month
to do some work on that myself.

Cheers,
Avi