[Seaside] Squeak/.Net question

Ben Schroeder bschroeder at procro.com
Tue Sep 13 14:18:28 CEST 2005

Hi Valdas,

> Hei,
> I am new to Squeak and I need some help linking it to
> Microsoft .Net. I was trying to install Squeak/.NET Bridge
> package into my 3.8 image, but I get
> errors:
>
> 'Can't find dependency InstanceEncoder-bvs.7'

I have seen this lately too. I'm not sure why it does it - but you
can load the package from SqueakMap. The current version is version 9,
but 7 is available there too. 9 may work OK.

> I press 'ignore', then I get the following error:
>
> 'This package depends on the following classes:
>   InterpreterPlugin

You should load VMMaker (from SqueakMap) to get this class.

> I click proceed, get the following error:
>
> 'Error occured during install:
> ByteString>>reconstituteObject '

This is the main method from InstanceEncoder - it's using it to
unpack some plugin files onto the disk.

> Err... hmm.. that's kind of confusing..
> So the questions are:
> 1. How do I avoid those errors?
> 2. Will .NET still work, as I see some packages starting
> 'DotNetBridge' in the Object Browser?

I think that the bridge will only work with the above packages
loaded. Once you have them loaded, if you can print

	DotNet ArrayList new count

in a workspace and get back 0, everything should be hooked up
correctly.

Sorry for any confusion -

Thanks,
Ben Schroeder