[Seaside] Javascript stuff

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 21:50:13 CEST 2005

Hi

> There's also some AJAX support that is similar to, but a completely
> different implementation from, the liveRequest stuff that now lives
> in SeasideAsync.

What I have always wanted to do with liveRequest was replace an
element with a liveCallback (or a parent of it) with something else.
For example replace a link with a form when clicking on it.
As far as I can see this is now possible. Thumbs up from my side.

>  For example:
>
> html div id: 'toBeReplaced'; with: 'Placeholder text'.
> html anchor
>            onClick: (html ajax id: 'toBeReplaced'; renderBlock: [:r |
> r text: 'Some new text']);
>            text: 'Replace the placeholder text asynchronously'.

Just a few remarks from my side for those who want to run this code:
- it's #callback: not, #renderBlock:
- you need SUScriptLibrary as a library

Thanks, this is really cool stuff
Philippe