[Seaside] Scriptaculous on IE

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 10:19:32 UTC 2006

I don't have IE accessible, but ...

> For me insertTop and insertBottom don't work.

... there was invalid nesting of <p> and <div> tags in the generated
source. Probably this caused IE not to update the display properly.

> Also the checkbox

... I used the wrong event handler (onchange instead of onclick),
though it worked on Safari and FireFox.

> and the encoding don't.

Where? What?

AJAX responses are always sent as UTF-8. If your web-site is using
something else you have to do the conversion on your own. The last
time I tested it on IE 6 it worked well for me.

Can please somebody confirm that my improvements fix the problems in
IE? I updated scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st and commited a new
version.

Cheers,
Lukas

--