[Seaside] Session Timeout and Redirect

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Thu Apr 6 16:53:05 UTC 2006

Ramon Leon wrote:
> Hi, I wonder if anyone who's running Apache as a front end has had an
> issue such that when the session times out, it redirects back but now
> includes the port number and is hitting Squeak directly instead of
> Apache?  How do I disable this, or force it to redirect without
> including the port in the url?

Ramon,

I believe what you're talking about has to do with a reverse proxy...
Basically using Apache as a front-end
to your Squeak (or VW) image running some form of a Seaside
application.. I tried doing the Apache
reverse proxy and had difficulty setting it up properly and after
countless hours wasted debugging the issue,
I resorted to using Squid as my reverse proxy instead and using a small
Python script to re-write URL's
on the fly.. It works great and I believe it completely negates the
issue you mentioned above..

-- Rick