[Seaside] Session Timeout and Redirect

Ramon Leon rleon at insario.com
Thu Apr 6 17:03:40 UTC 2006

> I believe what you're talking about has to do with a reverse proxy...
> Basically using Apache as a front-end
> to your Squeak (or VW) image running some form of a Seaside
> application.. I tried doing the Apache reverse proxy and had
> difficulty setting it up properly and after countless hours
> wasted debugging the issue, I resorted to using Squid as my
> reverse proxy instead and using a small Python script to
> re-write URL's on the fly.. It works great and I believe it
> completely negates the issue you mentioned above..
>
> -- Rick

Well, other than this issue, it's working great, and I don't want to
start down another path, I like this approach, my basic setup I copied
from Lucas, he posted a while back, looks something like this...

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerAdmin ramon.leon at sentorsa.com
	ServerName scriptaculous.sentorsa.com
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteRule ^/(.*)$
http://scriptaculous.sentorsa.com:94/seaside/scriptaculous/$1 [P,L]
</VirtualHost>

Lucas, if you're around, have an opinion?