[Seaside] [Scriptaculous] Problem with Autocompleter

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 19:04:55 UTC 2006

> I've got a problem with the SUAutocompleterTest class:
> when I clik on one of the name given by the scrolling list, the content of the
> InputText is well displayed but the variable 'text' is not refreshed.
>
> What can I do in order to refresh it ?

The auto-completer only sets the value within the input-field, it does
not know how to serialize the input-field itself. There are two
missing events for the auto-completer (onShow:, onHide:) that can be
used to fix the issue. I will commit the fixed test soon, but first I
have to clean up some experimental changes in my image ;-)

html textInput
	id: 'text';
	value: text;
	callback: [ :value | text := value ];
	script: ((html autocomplete: 'name')
		on: #renderListOn: of: self;
		onHide: (html request
			triggerFormElement: 'text';
			after: (html effect id: 'name'; fade))).

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli