[Seaside] Newbie question

Mark Walter Mark-Walter at t-online.de
Thu Apr 13 09:44:14 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'am new to the List. I'am located in Bremen, that's in the north of Germany,
and working with Linux for 9 years now.

I would like to create a web location for my local Linux User Group in Bremen (LUG Bremen) using seaside and smalltalk.

I'am familiar with web application's in HTML, XML, PHP, PERL (CGI) and
Javascript.

I searched the mail archiv with google but I don't have a clue what to
do to comprehend the tutorial.

I have access over FTP. Where is the location to put a file into it to
start from scratch to have a "Hello World" like in the tutorial under my
domain lug-bremen.seasidehostig.st ?

I tried lug-bremen.seasidehostig.st and
lug-bremen.seasidehostig.st/seaside.

There are no files at the moment in my home directory over FTP as I
don't have a clue what I should do . (So I decided to let it).

How should a file look's like ? Must this be an .html file ?

Has smalltalk and seaside a functionality like an index.html for the
first site ?

The tutorial doesn't describe the procedure about the file structure and
the access restriction.

When I browser lug-bremen.seaside.hosting or
lug-bremen.seaside.hosting/sideside I get the following error:

Bad Gateway

Sorry for my lame mail but I don't know how to cope at the moment to
comprehend the documentation at seaside ...

Thank's for your great help !

--
Best Regards,

Mark