[Seaside] SSL

Ramon Leon rleon at insario.com
Fri Apr 28 17:01:59 UTC 2006

OK, I've got Seaside running behind Apache, responding to both http and
https via OpenSSL, but I'm running into a problem.  All the generated
url's are fully qualified, so though it'll respond to SSL, as soon as I
click something I'm thrown back into standard http.

I figured this had to be common, but after digging around in the
archives for a while, I've found nothing that panned out.  Now, I can
see that Server Protocol is set to http in the site configuration.  Can
a site only run in one mode or the other?  What if I only want two pages
to be secure for a checkout but the rest of the site unsecured?

I don't know, maybe it's just late and I'm making a simple mistake, but
I'm stumped, anyone know how to deal with this?

My current setup looks like...

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerAdmin ramon.leon at sentorsa.com
	ServerName www.sentorsa.com
	RewriteEngine On
	ProxyPreserveHost On
	RewriteCond C:/Inetpub/websites/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://www.sentorsa.com:94/seaside/site/$1
[P,L]
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.sentorsa.com:443>
	SSLEngine On
	SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/www.sentorsa.com.cert
	SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/www.sentorsa.com.key
	RewriteEngine On
	ProxyPreserveHost On
	RewriteCond C:/Inetpub/websites/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://www.sentorsa.com:94/seaside/site/$1
[P,L]
</VirtualHost>

Seaside