AW: [Seaside] Component confusion

Jason Johnson jbjohns at
Wed Aug 2 17:34:15 UTC 2006

Oh no, I didn't read the documentation. :(  I appologize, I really
thought I had read through everything.  I guess I'm trying to learn too
many things at once.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help on this. Now it works
beutiful.  Exactly as I would expect.

I read through the docs more thouroughly this time but I still have a
question about something.

I did notice that Seaside seems to want all styles to be in the code.
How hard would it be to set it up so that a call to the style method
will return a URL?  For example, if I have a site that is static on an
Apache server, that happens to redirect all requests for applications to
seaside, but I want to use site wide style sheets for it.  The easiest
thing would be if I can just get seaside to give a full URL for where to
find the stylesheet.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: seaside-bounces at
[mailto:seaside-bounces at] Im Auftrag von Boris
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. August 2006 18:23
An: seaside at
Betreff: RE: [Seaside] Component confusion

Welcome to the Light Side :) Check these links out for the explanation,

You must be doing render: component somewhere but that component is not
included in the #children method of the container component.

Hope this helps,

DeepCove Labs Ltd.
4th floor 595 Howe Street
Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5