[Seaside] Appending to list of modelobjects&updating(sub)component list with scriptaculous /

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 13:49:04 UTC 2006

>>> Just to clarify: my code allows to add rooms to a house, or edit the name
>>> of an existing room on a re-loaded page.
>>> But unless I do a page re-load, when I add a Room to a House with Ajax,
>>> all previously working Ajax components on that page stop working.

Scripts in AJAX update actions do not get evaluated, unless you tell
script.aculo.us to do so. This means in you need to add to your
ajax-update action "evalScripts: true" and the behavior will persist.

I attached a change-set that fixes this problem and that patches two
other methods to make it work with the latest version of Seaside and
script.aculo.us.

Have fun!

Lukas

--