[Seaside] Re: Scaling Seaside apps (was: About SToR)

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Mon Aug 7 16:36:43 UTC 2006

On Aug 5, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Colin Putney wrote:

> Yeah, that's handy alright. The Squeak MySQL driver does this. The
> implementation in the MySQL driver has a significant flaw though,
> in that it basically relies on the client reading rows from the
> stream to cause the driver to read bytes from the socket. This
> leads to problems when the client fails to read all the rows that
> were returned. If there is an error and reading is curtailed, the
> user cancels the action or whatever, the row bytes are left in the
> socket buffer and the driver gets confused the next time it sends a
> query and receives unexpected results.

My version of the MySQL driver has JdmResultSet #flush.

I am not sure if I added it or it came stock or if I added it. I seem
to remember it coming from a version of the driver but "versions"
tell me I added it.

I have changed the drivers a bit to work with MySQL 4.1.8 (had some
problems with dates) and to handle transactions.

The changes are minor but can be found at http://squeaksource.com/
IOSPersistent  .

flush
	self hasNext ifFalse: [^self].