[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside Installer

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 8 21:20:01 UTC 2006

Pavel Krivanek a écrit :

> I think that we should split Seaside package into two or three
> packages and create something like Seaside-Loader (see
> ShoreComponents) to be able to strictly detach Squeak-dependent stuff.
> That will make porting to VW (and other platforms) more easy and it
> will also help us to load this package into the kernel image.

Pavel,

Squeak-dependent stuff is already completely detached in Seaside.
The port to VW has become fairly easy with the 2.6b1 branch
and is about 99% automated. So I do not quite understand what you
have in mind with splitting Seaside into two or three packages.
Could you elaborate ? What would those packages be ?

> I may try to load the latest versions of this packages again and
> report problematic code. Maybe Michel Bany should do the same.

Here too, I do not understand. What exactly should I do ?

Cheers,
Michel.