[Seaside] [NEWBIE] broken config application

Pablo Lalloni plalloni at aeglos.com.ar
Thu Aug 10 01:43:15 UTC 2006

Hello, I'm an almost total newbie in Seaside an this is my first message here,
so hi to everybody.

Well, problem my /seaside/config app seems to be broken and I don't know how
to "reset" global seaside configuration... or whatever...

When I hit /seaside/config I get this stack:

MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>new
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #new
self  nil
  temps
  aMessage  new
WARenderLoopMain>>createRoot
self  a WARenderLoopMain
  temps
WARenderLoopMain>>start:
self  a WARenderLoopMain
  temps
  aRequest  a WARequest
  root  nil
  ea  nil
WASession>>start:
self  a WASession(/seaside/config?_s=cheJuSAQkUvfzXKu)
  temps
  aRequest  a WARequest
  inst vars
  lastAccess  3332615543
  expired  false
  timeout  nil
  continuations  a WALRUCache
  application  a WAApplication(/seaside/config)
  escapeContinuation  [] in WASession>>respond: {[:v | snapshotHolder
contents: state snapshot. oldEscape value: v]}
  monitor  a WAProcessMonitor
  state  a WAStateRegistry
  currentRequest  a WARequest
  scripts  nil
  jumpTo  nil
[] in WASession>>performRequest: {[^ self start: aRequest]}
self  a WASession(/seaside/config?_s=cheJuSAQkUvfzXKu)
  temps
  aRequest  a WARequest
  key  nil
  continuation  nil
  inst vars
  lastAccess  3332615543
  expired  false
  timeout  nil
  continuations  a WALRUCache
  application  a WAApplication(/seaside/config)
  escapeContinuation  [] in WASession>>respond: {[:v | snapshotHolder
contents: state snapshot. oldEscape value: v]}
  monitor  a WAProcessMonitor
  state  a WAStateRegistry
  currentRequest  a WARequest
  scripts  nil
  jumpTo  nil

Just to make it clear, I'm not new only to Seaside but to Squeak/Smalltalk
too!

Also, I'm trying to access config application to unregister and re-register
the application I'm "working" on because when I try to access that one it
gives me an error too and I think it is because the changes I made left the
running instance in an inconsistent state.

Basically I added initilialization code in components that create state
objects that are used from #renderContentsOn

--
pil