[Seaside] Integrating with FCKeditor

Kurt Thams thams at thams.com
Thu Aug 10 05:06:03 UTC 2006

I'm trying to get Seaside to work with the javascript FCKeditor
(www.*fckeditor*.net) and I'm having a bit of confusion about how to
have the Seaside code pick up the results when someone edits a page
using FCKeditor.

The way FCKeditor works is that when a Submit is performed, the results
of the user's editing comes back in the POST variables.

What I can't figure out (and I'm sure it's obvious), is how to grab
those results inside Seaside.

Here's the Seaside code I have so far.

renderContentOn: html
    html scriptWithUrl: '/FCKeditor/fckeditor.js'.
    html
        form: [html
                submitButtonWithAction: []
                do: [:something | ].
            html script: '
var sBasePath = ''/FCKeditor/'' ;
var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor( ''FCKeditor1'' ) ;
oFCKeditor.BasePath = sBasePath ;
oFCKeditor.Height   = 600 ;
oFCKeditor.Value    = ''This is some <strong>editable text<\/strong>.'' ;
oFCKeditor.Create() ;
'.
        ]