[Seaside] callback wierdness

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 10 14:48:00 UTC 2006

I wrote something like this

html anchor callback: [ html text: 'hello' ] text: 'world'.

and the output was

'helloworld'

i.e. the result of the callback was being rendered before I had clicked
on the anchor.

It turns out that in WAConfiguration editor is renderered on
WARenderCanvas, when I do

html anchor callback: [ self call: WAMyComponent new ] text: 'clickme'.

and I click on the anchor, the resulting

WAMyComponent's rendering is on WAHtmlRenderer.

and this is giving the above behaviour. I would much rather that call:
wired my component to render using WARenderCanvas but this setting seams
to be picked up from WAPresenter in the guts of the inner workings of
call: , hence my question should I be using call: or has it been
replaced with an alternative?

Keith