[Seaside] Seaside config management and Gemstone

Dario Trussardi dtrussardi at tiscali.it
Thu Aug 10 15:46:23 UTC 2006

Hello All,

i work on  windows XP sp2 with VW7.4.1 .

I'have load    Gemstone GbsTools    6.2.003
        and     SeasideFprWebToolKit  2.6b 1.30
        and     SeasideBase                2.6b 1.30
        and     SeasideScriptaculous    1.108.

When i'd'ont open gemstone session al  work fine.

For understand:

First setting:

    A) all Gemstone session are close.
    B)   from Explorer i open http://localhost/...../browse and click on the link config
    C) the http://localhost/...../config is browser and i can config all application link

Second setting

    A) one Gemstone session is open and relative transaction work fine.
    B)   from Explorer i open http://localhost/...../browse and click on the link config
    C)   now the system load many objects from OODB and the http://localhost/...../config isn't browser
    D) the system after load many objects from OODB , open the Processor Monitor window with 'Memory space error' .

    E) If i save the image after this, and reload  the system become instable.
         ( Gemstone session if open,  is mystery close when i redo step B. )

I have work around it to define the problem as detailed.

I think the problem is on:           SeasidePlatformSupport class vmStatisticsReportString
                                    and/ or ObjectMemory numOopsNumBytes.

I remain in everyway on disposal for eventual explanations.

Yours faithfully

Dario Trussardi Romano