AW: [Seaside] WML (was Re: Seaside Installer)

Jason Johnson jbjohns at libsource.com
Thu Aug 10 18:48:18 UTC 2006

No, I don't think it has been distorted.  Just "fleshed out" a bit. :)
Your observation about it being basically a different app is certainly
valid.

My comments come from looking into building a web site and going through
many of the tools.  Some systems out there are very good recieving a
client request and dispatching it to the appropriate place based on
various rules (e.g.  Is this a mozilla client, is it an IE client with a
set of bugs we have to adjust for, is it a mobile device).  Of course
the rest of the technologies with these systems were not so good.  But
I'm all for lifting the good ideas from other products and integrating
them into the right solution, and this seemed like low hanging fruit for
Seaside.

But if it doesn't need it then it doesn't need it.  If the over all
consensus is that this is just one of those theoretical needs that never
actually comes up in practice then I will forget about it and move on.